Leagues of Gothic Horror - Core Rulebook (Ubiquity System)
- Product Code: TAG20205
- Availability: 2
- Ex Tax:
Light your lamp, check the doors and windows are locked, and prepare to enter a world where the arcane and occult are very real.
For all of mankind’s advances in science, the world remains a realm of mystery and supernatural occurrences. The Victorian Era is the age of sinister fictional and historical villains, such as Count Dracula, Mr. Hyde, and Jack the Ripper, and an age when interest in the occult reaches new heights.
This major expansion to Leagues of Adventure is one of restless spirits and haunted houses, crumbling castles and Gothic architecture, fog-shrouded streets and deep forests, decadence and decay, secrets and madness, in which the supernatural defies the rationality of science and cold logic.
Leagues of Gothic Horror is the definitive guide to the Gothic Horror genre for Leagues of Adventure and the Ubiquity system. This supplement includes information on all the important aspects of the genre - terrifying monsters, sanity-shattering tomes, occult relics, and places of nightmare. In short, Leagues of Gothic Horror provides the Game Master with everything needed to run spine-tingling tales.
Contents of the book include a detailed bestiary, a complete magic system, new rules for player characters, weird science gadgets, guidelines for running horror adventures, and information on some of the most sinister villains of all time!
Within this book you will find:
- New Archetypes, Skills, Talents, Flaws, Leagues, and weird science devices specifically designed for those devoted to fighting the forces of darkness.
- Eight detailed player characters (with art) and eight henchmen ready to use straight from the book.
- Rules for horror, corruption, fortune-telling, occult grimoires, magic, and mentalism, plus an array of occult relics ranging in power from mere trinkets to potent items of myth and legend.
- Statistics and information on 38 fearsome monsters, 26 human lesser villains and heroic allies, 22 diabolical major villains, and 7 sinister cults.
- A tour of Gothic Horror locales around the world.
- Guidelines for running Gothic Horror adventures and generating a spooky atmosphere around the gaming table.
- Suggested styles for Gothic Horror games, sample campaign settings, and more adventure seeds.
- A timeline and Who’s Who of Gothic Horror in the Leagues of Adventure setting.
- A list of literary, audio, and visual references for the budding Gothic Horror Gamemaster.