Reaper - Warlord
What is Warlord?
Warlord is many things. First and foremost, it is a line of Heroic Scale fantasy themed pewter miniatures for use in tabletop games. Players of popular fantasy RPGs have been using Reaper Miniatures as their company of choice for the paladins, rangers, fighters, wizards, clerics, and rogues for over a decade. Warlord presents today's players with an edgy, gritty look that suits the thematic feel of some of the current Fantasy Role-Playing Games present on the market.
Warlord is also a line of high quality, highly detailed, and dynamic collectable figures for painters. Whether an army painter focused on speed painting, a casual painter looking for a challenge, a new painter entering the hobby, or a world-class award-winning painter - Warlord has proven itself time and again as a top line of choice.
About the World of Warlord...
Adon - the Setting
Reaper's Dark Heaven Legends line of pewter fantasy figures comes from the world of Adon; a fantastic place with powerful supernatural forces and epic, legendary heroes. For over a decade, players of Fantasy RPGs have used figures with names like Sidrith, the Sword Sister, or battled strange mosters like the Skoli and wondered - what is the world like that these characters comes from?
Taltos - the Lands
Warlord takes place in the war-torn land of Taltos. The region is a place of dry, blistering summers and mild winters. Various local leaders and their forces battle for the control of their own destinies. The battle for the power to become Warlords and become legends by their own hands - some are just and fair and others are cruel and capricious. Life in Taltos is brutal but there is a fortune to be made and eternal fame to be won.
The Reaper Adventure Game Engine
Warlord is the first game to use the Reaper Adventure Game Engine (R.A.G.E. for short). As a master system, R.A.G.E. allows you to learn a few basic rules and then take this knowledge with you from game setting to game setting. One system for many games means that you spend less time learning and relearning rules and more time playing and painting.
Key Features of R.A.G.E.
- Easy mechanics. Roll one ten-sided dice. Add or subtract modifiers. Meet or exceed a target number. All target numbers and modifiers fit on a one page quick glance sheet or are printed on the figure's Data Card.
- Fluid play. A Turn is divided into 2 Actions per Model. The order and what actions are conducted are fully in your control. Each setting will have one or two new Actions specific to its genre, but the rest of the Actions remain the same from game to game.
- Strategy and Tactics. You are in control of not only the rolling of dice and moving of figures, but also general force creation and preparing for the surprises of combat against other players.
- Data Cards. All information relevant to a Model's game related mechanics easily fit on a standard poker card sized Data Card. As more powerful Models are damaged, their fighting ability will degrade until they are removed from play.
- Faction or Freelance Play. All R.A.G.E. games will feature various colorful factions and armies that you can choose from. There will also be the ability to portray a Freelance force that allows you to picks and choose from all the Models in the line to custom tailor your force. Faction forces gain special powers and abilities; Freelance forces gain ultimate customization freedom. The end result is more options and more fun for you.