Warlord Games - Black Powder Rulebook
- Brand: Warlord Games
- Product Code: WGBK-BP-01
- Availability: 1
- Ex Tax:
Warlord Games BLACK POWDER written by Games Workshop's Rick Priestly and Jervis Johnson
"Rarely has a rulebook been so lavishly packed with colour photos of beautifully painted toy soldiers and genuine articles of militaria. You simply cannot open the book to any pair of pages and not see at least one colour photo that demands careful examination - and in most cases there will be two, three or more. This book simply makes you want to buy and paint hordes of 28mm miniatures...." Craig Woodfield
This book describes the Black Powder game and its various procedures and rules as played by the authors and their friends. The authors’ aim is to enable and encourage the reader to recreate the great battles of the 18th and 19th centuries with armies of model soldiers on the tabletop.
As well as providing for the fundamentals of warfare such as the command of troops, movement on the battlefield, the effects of musketry and artillery, and the role of morale, the book includes numerous examples of further rules allowing the player to tailor games to their own preferences.
In addition, seven complete examples of Black Powder battles are included, embracing a range of conflicts throughout the period covered – both real and imagines.
* The American War of Independence – the Battle of Freeman’s Farm 1777
* The Peninsular War – Fight Retreat at El Perez 1809
* The Carlist War – the Battle at San Miguel 1830s
* The Crimea – Crimea River 1854
* The American Civil War – Daybreak at Hangman’s Creek 1862
* The Zulu War – Action at Ntombi 1879
* The Sudan – the Battle of El Teb 1884